CHICAGO — Starting Thursday, a new crime-fighting plan goes into effect in the Old Town neighborhood.
Street closures and parking restrictions shall be in place alongside Blackhawk, Evergreen, Sedgwick, Hudson and Cleveland.
According to a launch from 2nd Ward Ald. Brian Hopkins, 18th District Police are putting particular consideration on these blocks and rising patrols to discourage an massive gatherings or legal exercise.
Ald. Hopkins couldn’t touch upon the specifics, besides that numerous parking and road restrictions shall be in effect beginning Thursday evening to early Monday morning.
A person who lives in the realm says a younger man was killed just a few years again, and folks shut down the encircling blocks close to Sedgwick Street to commemorate him each year. He says having police presence and implementing road closures are an excellent factor to manage the commotion.
Chicago police says closures are to accommodate an annual occasion in the realm, however they may not disclose additional particulars.
Residents who stay on the streets that shall be closed this weekend might have to indicate an ID to police to entry the realm.
Below is an inventory of road closures from Aug. 11 at 12 am to Aug. 15 at 5 am:
- 1300-1500 block of North Hudson (road closed/no parking each side)
- 400-500 block of West Evergreen (road closed/no parking each side)
- 1300-1500 block of North Sedgwick (road closed/no parking each side)
- 1300-1500 block of North Cleveland (road closed/no parking each side)
- 400-500 block of West Blackhawk (road closed/no parking each side)
- 400-500 block of West Goethe (road closed/no parking each side)
Suggest a Correction