The Mets and Dodgers are the favorites within the National League…and get a little bit of a possible NLCS preview this week at Citi Field. The Dodgers took Game 1 of the sequence on Tuesday evening. Jacob deGrom takes the mound for Game 2 in Queens on Wednesday. With each groups atop the NL, what higher time to speak with the proprietor of the Mets.
Steve Cohen is that this week’s visitor on “The Show” podcast with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman. Cohen hit on a number of subjects, from retiring Willie Mays No. 24 to deGrom’s future to the crew’s different free brokers and a lot extra.
The Show with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman Opening Segment:
- METS-DODGERS SERIES: The Dodgers are wonderful. Can the Mets take them down in October? Dodgers are the heavy favourite. Who are the MVPs on all sides?
Steve Cohen Interview:
- TIMELINE: Is the Mets timeline nonetheless 3-5 years for a championship? Likes to set excessive objectives and try to obtain them.
- CITI FIELD FAN EXPERIENCE: Is enhancing the fan expertise one thing you’re making an attempt to do? Always making an attempt new concepts to make it a superb expertise. Fans having fun with going to video games this season.
- YANKEES: Doesn’t must kick their butt. We are going to do our factor and they’re going to do theirs. There’s room for each groups on this metropolis. Don’t fear concerning the Yankees. Don’t take into consideration them.
- PAYROLL/FREE AGENTS: How will they handle the payroll with so many impending free brokers?
- DEGROM/DIAZ: Had Edwin Diaz over for dinner a couple of weeks in the past. Had Jacob deGrom over for dinner final year. They will do all they will to try to deliver deGrom again. Would like to have Diaz again.
- OWNER PUSHBACK: Is he getting any pushback from different MLB homeowners?
- FRONT OFFICE: Billy Eppler has executed an excellent job. Sandy Alderson will proceed to be part of serving to him and this crew.
- RETIRING MAYS: Was his resolution to retire Willie Mays No. 24.