Some areas of the town acquired over 3 inches of rain throughout Friday afternoon’s monsoon.
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Strong winds and heavy rain poured into the Valley Friday.
One of the areas impacted essentially the most was the City of Scottsdale, which acquired over 3 inches of rain in some elements.
City officers stated winds knocked down energy strains, and the Indian Bend Wash acquired torrential flows of floodwaters however contained the move because it was deliberate to do.
RELATED: Here are the Valley locations that acquired measurable rainfall Friday
“Scottsdale emergency teams performed courageously under extremely hazardous conditions. Indian Bend Wash tolerated torrential flows as it was planned to do,” stated Mayor David D. Ortega in a information launch. “City Manager Jim Thompson and the executive staff, working with APS, have surveyed damage and are making repairs, so we ask the public to follow public safety precautions.”
Just a few motorists and pedestrians had been stranded by floodwaters and downed energy strains, however no critical accidents had been reported, the town stated.
RELATED: Crews rescue girl from floodwaters at Scottsdale skate park
Updates as of three:30 p.m. Saturday, August 13:
- Cactus Park and Aquatic Center will likely be closed no less than by means of Monday whereas crews restore energy and clean up storm particles. The storm retention basin on the park is almost full and dealing as designed.
- The path at Pinnacle Peak Park is open from the trailhead to the Owl’s Rest Overlook (about midway) however will be closed beyond that for several days while crews repair the hazard areas.
- There aren’t any main highway restrictions – some smaller streets could also be closed or restricted due to storm runoff or particles. Do not cross or drive round boundaries.
- Arizona Public Service experiences that energy has been restored to most prospects – crews proceed working to restore storm harm and return service.
- The storm considerably impacted WestWorld, flattening a fence and eroding the hillside alongside the principle entrance highway. The Scottsdale Police Mounted Unit barn situated at WestWorld flooded – the police horses had been moved to security through the storm. The giant occasion tent at WestWorld suffered a number of tears and minor harm. (See WestWorld damage photos here.)
- The storm broken some fencing and several other plane at Scottsdale Airport, however there aren’t any ongoing operational impacts there.
>> Download the 12News app for the most recent native breaking information straight to your cellphone.
Arizona has seen its honest share of extreme climate. Here is a compilation of movies from numerous storms throughout the Grand Canyon state.