The San Diego International Airport desires those that can be touring to be ready earlier than they arrive on the airport.
SAN DIEGO — With practically 113 million Americans anticipated to travel through the holiday season, the San Diego International Airport (SAN) desires those that can be touring to be ready earlier than they arrive on the airport.
Holiday travel beginning this week is projected to be the largest it has been in about three years and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is forecasting numbers just shy of pre-pandemic levels. That’s lots of people on the roads, at airports and a whole lot of stress.
Due to the New T1 project, a lot of the airport’s campus is below development So SAN is providing some useful travel tips to get you to your vacation spot safely:
Plan forward and arrive early when touring to the airport:
- Don’t reduce it shut―Plan to reach two hours earlier than flight departures for home and worldwide flights.
- Due to development, passengers ought to count on elevated visitors and adjustments to airport roadways. Times during which the touring public will see probably the most congestion embrace 4 a.m. to six:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and eight p.m. to 12 a.m.
- According to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), peak screening hours on the checkpoints are usually between 5 a.m. and seven a.m. and from 4 p.m. to six p.m. Passengers might see prolonged wait occasions of as much as an hour.
- If returning a car to the Rental Car Center, enable extra travel time. Free shuttle buses run 24 hours per day between the Rental Car Center and airport terminals.
- Make certain to test where the airlines are located—Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
Parking is proscribed and reservations are strongly advisable
- The Terminal 1 Parking Lot is completely closed. As a end result, on-airport parking is proscribed to the Terminal 2 Parking Plaza or Curbside Valet at Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
- It is strongly advisable passengers reserve parking at Terminal 2 Parking Plaza or Curbside Valet as a lot upfront as potential at san.org/parking.
- The Terminal Loop Shuttle effectively transports passengers between each terminals. Curbside pick-up is accessible each 10 minutes.
There are extra methods than ever to get to the airport utilizing public transit:
- Take the COASTER to Santa Fe Depot practice station in Downtown San Diego or take the MTS Trolley to Old Town Station.
- MTS’s Route 992 stops at Terminals 1 and a pair of and operates between 5 a.m. and midnight, each quarter-hour on weekdays and each half-hour on weekends and holidays.
- Try the free San Diego Flyer, a handy electrical shuttle service connecting the Old Town Transit Center and the airport.
Let another person do the driving:
- Taxi, Lyft, Uber, shuttles, or different airport-permitted industrial transportation choices are nice methods to get to and from SAN. Please notice a brand new, short-term, ground-level crosswalk with a visitors gentle and crossing sign changed the bridge to attach pedestrians from Terminal 1 to the Terminal 1 floor transportation island.
- Have buddies or household present rides.
Picking Someone Up? Use the Cell Phone Lot:
- Utilizing the Cell Phone Lot on the Terminal 2 West Parking Lot on McCain Road is an effective way to keep away from circling the airport and additional congesting terminal roadways. The Cell Phone Lot is free and a handy place to attend for arriving passengers. To get again to Baggage Claim to select up passengers, observe detour signage to Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
Once on the airport, sit again and store, dine, and calm down!
- Shops and eating places contained in the terminals are open to supply travel requirements, meals, snacks, and extra, nevertheless, availability and hours could fluctuate. Visit san.org/Shop-Dine-Relax for hours and areas.
- Recharge or calm down earlier than flights at airline lounges or day spas. Visit san.org/Shop-Dine-Relax for hours and areas.
- SAN has choices to go well with each passenger, together with eco-friendly and sustainable shops and meals.
WATCH RELATED: Gearing as much as travel? Here’s what to anticipate through the Holiday travel rush (December 2022)