According to a report stemming from the blockchain analytics agency Argus, Sam Bankman-Fried’s buying and selling agency Alameda Research obtained tokens forward of FTX.com listings. The report claims that Alameda acquired roughly $60 million price of tokens earlier than the digital property had been scheduled to be listed on FTX.
Blockchain Analytics Firm Says Alameda Had an Insider’s Edge a Month Prior to FTX Listings
Wall Street Journal (WSJ) contributor Caitlin Ostroff detailed on Nov. 14, 2022, that evaluation from the blockchain analytics agency Argus signifies the now-bankrupt Alameda Research had amassed a giant stash of tokens previous to particular FTX listings. Ostroff’s report notes that between March 2021 by means of March 2022, Alameda acquired $60 million of these kinds of crypto tokens stemming from 18 totally different FTX listings that adopted.
“What we see is they’ve basically almost always in the month leading up to it bought into a position that they previously didn’t. It’s quite clear there’s something in the market telling them they should be buying things they previously hadn’t,” Omar Amjad, co-founder of Argus, advised the WSJ.
The report additional notes that the previous FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried (SBF) emailed the WSJ again in February and mentioned that Alameda had entry to the identical sort of data most crypto market makers held. Ostroff additional defined that SBF advised the information publication that “[Alameda] traders didn’t have special access to client information, market data, or trading.”
The information follows FTX submitting for chapter on Nov. 11, 2022, and the submitting revealing that FTX International, FTX US, Alameda Research, and 131 different entities had been included within the Chapter 11 chapter submitting. Sources advised Reuters that SBF discreetly transferred roughly $10 billion in funds to Alameda. Two individuals accustomed to the matter additional defined that at the least $1 billion and probably as much as $2 billion in buyer funds has gone lacking.
While textual content messaging Reuters instantly, SBF advised reporters that he “disagreed with the characterization” of the alleged $10 billion transfer of funds to Alameda. “We didn’t secretly transfer,” SBF insisted in his textual content message. “We had confusing internal labeling and misread it,” the previous FTX CEO added. Less than 24 hours after the FTX chapter submitting on Nov. 11, the alternate wallets had been hacked and $477 million in crypto property was reportedly stolen.
Want to learn up on all of the FTX studies Bitcoin.com News has coated thus far? Check out the listing beneath.
- Crypto Exchange Binance Dumping All FTX Tokens on Its Books — CEO Cites ‘Recent Revelations’
- FTX Binance Fallout: Bitdao Community Asks Alameda Research to Respond to Token Dump Allegations
- CZ Says Binance Intends to ‘Fully Acquire FTX,’ Sam Bankman-Fried Confirms Transaction
- Report: FTX CEO Told Staff Crypto Exchange ‘Effectively Paused’ Withdrawals
- Binance CEO Explains Situation With FTX — Says ‘We Did Not Master Plan This’
- Binance Backs out of FTX Deal Citing ‘Due Diligence,’ Reports of ‘Mishandled Customer Funds’
- Amid the FTX Confusion, Whistleblower Edward Snowden Says ‘Custodial Exchanges Were a Mistake’
- Galaxy Digital Reveals Update on Ties to FTX, Partnership Has ‘Exposure of Approximately $76.8 Million’
- Report: Singapore’s State Investor Temasek Is Engaging With Embattled Crypto Exchange FTX
- From a $32 Billion Valuation to Financial Troubles: An In-Depth Look on the Rise and Fall of FTX
- Shaky USDT Price Stirs Speculation Tied to Alameda Reserves, Tether Freezes 46 Million Tokens
- FTX CEO Updates Crypto Community, Sunsets Alameda Trading, Addresses a Specific ‘Sparring Partner’
- Reports Claim Beleaguered Crypto Exchange FTX Seeks Over $9 Billion From Investors
- Major VC Firm Sequoia Capital Marks FTX Investment to $0 — Says ‘Liquidity Crunch Has Created Solvency Risk for FTX’
- SEC, DOJ Investigate FTX — Regulators Suspect Crypto Exchange Mishandles Customer Funds
- TRX’s USD Exchange Rate Jumps 270% Higher on FTX After Exchange Brokers Deal With Tron
- Blockfi Pauses Customers Withdrawals, Cites ‘Lack of Clarity’ on FTX’s Status as Cause
- Bahamas Regulator Freezes FTX Assets — Supreme Court Appoints Provisional Liquidator
- California Regulator Reveals Investigation Into FTX’s Failure, Says ‘Crypto Assets Are High-Risk Investments’
- Troubled Crypto Exchange FTX Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection, CEO Steps Down
- Philanthropic FTX Foundation Sunsets Operations Amid Bankrupt Exchange’s Fallout
- Onchain Data Shows FTX US Paused ETH Withdrawals for two Hours, Users Complain of Withdrawal Errors
- SEC Chair Gensler Discusses Crypto Regulation Following FTX Collapse — Says This Field Is ‘Significantly Non-Compliant’
- White House, US Senators Call for Proper Crypto Oversight
- Japanese Regulator Slaps FTX Japan With Business Suspension Order
- FTX Reportedly Hacked as Telegram Group Admin Comments on Possible ‘Malware’ Present in Apps, Irregular Fund Movements Registered Onchain
- Report Says Alameda Research ‘Didn’t Trade Crypto,’ Speculators Think SBF’s Political Connections Let FTX Fly Under the Radar
- Flight Radar Report Shows FTX Co-Founder’s Private Jet Flew to Argentina, SBF Says He’s Still within the Bahamas
- Hedge Fund Galois Capital Discloses ‘Roughly Half’ of the Firm’s Capital ‘Stuck on FTX’
- FTX CEO Confirms Reports of ‘Unauthorized Access to Certain Assets,’ Team Is ‘Coordinating With Law Enforcement’
- Former US Treasury Secretary Larry Summers Compares FTX Collapse to Enron Fraud
- From Mercedes F1 to Miami Heat, Sports Teams Suspend FTX Sponsorships
- FTX Collapse: Africa-Focused Payments Firm AZA Finance Slams ‘Erroneous Inclusion’ in FTX Bankruptcy Filing
- FTX Contract Deployer Unlocks 192 Million FTT, Exchange Token’s Questionable Tokenomics Highlights Red Flags
- Royal Bahamas Police Force Reveals FTX Is Being Investigated for ‘Criminal Misconduct’
- Kraken CEO Discusses Impact of FTX Failure — Says Damage to Crypto Industry Is Huge, Will Take Years to Undo
- Conflicting Reports Emerge About SEC Helping Bankrupt Crypto Exchange FTX With Legal Loopholes
- Effective Altruism: Former FTX CEO’s Alleged $40M Penthouse Listed for Sale, Report Says Firm Spent $74M on Real Estate
- US Law Enforcement Directs Paxos to Freeze More Than 11,000 PAXG Tokenized Gold Coins
- Ikigai Exec Says ‘Large Majority’ of Crypto Asset Management Firm’s Funds Stuck on FTX
- Kevin O’Leary: FTX Collapse Is a Turning Point for the Industry — ‘Crypto Bottom Is In’
What do you concentrate on the report that claims Alameda Research acquired tokens previous to FTX listings? Let us know your ideas about this topic within the feedback part beneath.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational functions solely. It is just not a direct provide or solicitation of a proposal to purchase or promote, or a suggestion or endorsement of any merchandise, providers, or firms. Bitcoin.com doesn’t present funding, tax, authorized, or accounting recommendation. Neither the company nor the writer is accountable, instantly or not directly, for any harm or loss induced or alleged to be attributable to or in reference to using or reliance on any content material, items or providers talked about on this article.