Residents at the moment are requested to water their lawns 3 times per week.
KATY, Texas — The city of Katy has raised its drought contingency plan to Stage Two as a consequence of worsening drought situations.
In June, town applied Stage One of its drought plan, recommending residents make modifications to assist preserve water.
What does this imply?
Stage Two of town’s drought plan is much like Stage One, however now residents are requested to water their lawns solely 3 times per week. TIP: Water your garden between 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Reduce water for energy washing
- Wait to create new landscaping
- Limit hydrant flushing (aside from water system repairs), flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any road
RELATED: Tips for conserving your water invoice down and your yard inexperienced throughout a drought
Katy watering schedule
- If your tackle ends in an excellent quantity, your watering days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- If your tackle ends in an odd quantity, your watering days are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
- Commercial/HOA/Greenspace/Right-of-way properties’ watering days are Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
RELATED: Heat, drought situations devestating southeast Texas cattle ranchers
Rainfall goes to be a giant concern for the subsequent couple of months. In reality, over the subsequent month, we would want about 14 to 18 inches of rain throughout the realm to make up for the drought situations.
Other cities below water conservation embrace Pearland and Houston.