Miami

Hialeah couple escape unharmed from house fireplace; home declared total loss – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports

HIALEAH, FLA. (WSVN) – A Hialeah couple have been capable of escape from a hearth that swept via their home and diminished it to ruins. Now their family members are asking for the neighborhood’s assist.

The victims’ house, positioned alongside Southeast First Street, has been declared a total loss after flames razed the inside, Friday night time.

On Saturday, 7News cameras captured relations salvaging what they might as they tried to type via scorched objects. Inside the home, they have been seen cleansing up the charred kitchen.

The couple’s son, David Roman, mentioned the method is painful, however not as unhealthy because it simply might have been.

“Thankfully, my parents were outside on the patio at the time watching TV,” he mentioned.

Roman mentioned he’s grateful his dad and mom weren’t harmed and have been notified by neighbors that their home was on fireplace in time for them to soundly get off the property.

By the time the couple realized what was occurring, the house was mentioned to be absolutely engulfed.

“It’s unfortunate, but the good thing is that my parents are still alive,” mentioned Roman.

Roman mentioned his dad and mom will stick with him and different relations in the intervening time, however he’s anxious about how they’ll get again to life as they knew it.

“The only good news about this is that there was no loss of life,” he mentioned.

Officials mentioned this may need been {an electrical} fireplace, as they proceed to research.

A member of the family has began a GoFundMe web page to assist the couple. If you want to make a donation, click on here.

Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This materials will not be revealed, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the most recent information proper to your inbox

Back to top button