Global e-commerce large eBay has acquired non-fungible token (NFT) market KnownOrigin, as a part of efforts to turn into a pacesetter in digital collectibles.
- The information of the acquisition was introduced in a press release on Wednesday (June 22, 2022). While particulars of the acquisition stay scarce, the assertion famous that each events have signed and closed the deal.
- Meanwhile, eBay famous that the acquisition of the NFT market was an essential step within the company’s entrance into the world of digital collectibles, because it goals to turn into a high world vacation spot for such gadgets.
- According to an announcement from eBay CEO Jamie Iannone:
“eBay is the first stop for people across the globe who are searching for that perfect, hard-to-find, or unique addition to their collection and, with this acquisition, we will remain a leading site as our community is increasingly adding digital collectibles.”
- KnownOrigin was based in 2018 and permits artists and collectors to showcase, promote, and gather distinctive digital gadgets. Co-founder David Moore mentioned it was the proper time to companion with a significant company like eBay.
- Moore added:
“This is the start of a new chapter in the KnownOrigin story and we couldn’t choose a better time to focus on building and innovating with the team at eBay. This partnership will help us attract a new wave of NFT creators and collectors.”
- The newest improvement comes shortly after eBay partnered with Web 3 company OneOf, to launch a hockey-themed NFT assortment. Back in 2021, the e-commerce market enabled the sale of NFTs on its platform.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this hyperlink to register and obtain $100 free and 10% off charges on Binance Futures first month (phrases).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this hyperlink to register & enter POTATO50 code to obtain as much as $7,000 in your deposits.