Two distinguished YouTube content material creators – Erling Mengshoel (aka Atozy) and Ben Armstrong (aka BitBoy Crypto), are at loggerheads over a video made virtually a year in the past. With the dispute taking a authorized flip, Atozy, for one, has discovered an surprising ally in fashionable crypto character – Cobie.
Cobie, whose actual title is Jordan Fish, has come to Atozy’s rescue. To assist defend the lawsuit, the UpOnly podcast host has donated $100,000 to the YouTuber.
- In a quick Twitter thread, Atozy revealed that he’s being sued by Armstrong over a video he made in November 2021. In the video titled “This YouTuber scams his fans… Bitboy Crypto,” he accused Bitboy of scamming his followers.
- It all began when Atozy reportedly got here throughout a video on Bitboy Crypto’s channel that has now been deleted, endorsing a shady project known as Pamp community token in 2020. The project was finally rug-pulled.
- It was then Atozy called Bitboy a “shady dirtbag who milks his audience for a quick buck rather than giving them genuine advice.”
- Armstrong occurs to be one of many most-watched crypto influencers on YouTube.
- As per CNBC report, Armstrong reportedly confirmed accepting funds from crypto firms to advertise new merchandise for his subscribers. He additionally expressed regrets concerning the identical because it resulted in losses for his personal viewers.
- This prompted Armstrong to pursue a authorized course whereby he claims that Atozy’s video broken his status. Notably, eight months earlier than the defamation lawsuit, Bitboy had additionally despatched stop and desist letter to Atozy.
- According to the federal grievance filed within the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta, Armstrong accused Atozy of inflicting “intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent infliction of emotional distress, tortious interference with business relations or potential business relations, violation of uniform deceptive practices act, and violation of fair business practices act.”
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this hyperlink to register and obtain $100 free and 10% off charges on Binance Futures first month (phrases).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this hyperlink to register & enter POTATO50 code to obtain as much as $7,000 in your deposits.