June is averaging 514 new circumstances a day, about 5 instances the variety of infections March yielded.
SAN ANTONIO — Bexar County’s seven-day new case common for COVID-19 has gone up day-after-day for practically two weeks and stands at 514 as the San Antonio space continues contending with the constant, however slight, uptick in circumstances that started about six weeks in the past.
Another 446 coronavirus infections had been reported by Metro Health Tuesday, tugging the seven-day common to past 500 for the first time since mid-February, when the neighborhood was recovering from an enormous omicron surge. June’s common of 514 new each day circumstances up to now is up from 274 and 96 in May and April, respectively.
There had been 105 coronavirus sufferers in native hospitals on Tuesday, in the meantime, and that quantity has elevated by 72% since May 1. Of these 105 sufferers, 23 are in intensive care and 10 are utilizing ventilators to assist them breathe. The metropolis’s official COVID-19 risk indicator, for which hospital stress is a major issue, stays at low however “worsening” this week, whereas the positivity rate rose as soon as once more to 16.3%.
One extra Bexar County resident died from virus problems, Metro Health stated on Tuesday. In all, 5,330 residents have died of COVID-19 problems, whereas 554,308 circumstances have been reported domestically.
How Bexar County is trending
Vaccine Progress in Bexar County
The following numbers are supplied by San Antonio Metro Health. A full breakdown may be discovered here.
- 1.454 million eligible Bexar County residents are absolutely vaccinated as of Monday, May 31.
- More than 545,000 eligible Bexar County residents have obtained their COVID-19 booster shot, as of Monday, May 31.
The CDC states that “when a high percentage of the community is immune to a disease (through vaccination and/or prior illness),” that neighborhood may have reached herd immunity, “making the spread of this disease from person to person unlikely.”
The City of San Antonio breaks down the vaccination charges by zip code on Metro Health’s Vaccination Statistics web page.
Coronavirus in Texas
The complete variety of coronavirus circumstances in the state since the pandemic started grew by 5,565 on Tuesday, in response to the Texas Department of State Health Services. That complete contains 3,765 new confirmed circumstances and 1,800 new possible circumstances. More particulars may be discovered on this page.
Tuesday’s figures convey the complete variety of Texans recognized with COVID-19 to greater than 6.9 million.
An further 13 Texans have died from virus problems, in the meantime, elevating the statewide dying toll to 86,862.
The signs of coronavirus may be just like the flu or a foul chilly. Symptoms embrace fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or problem respiratory, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or odor sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea, in response to the Centers for Disease Control.
Most wholesome folks may have gentle signs. A examine of greater than 72,000 sufferers by the Centers for Disease Control in China confirmed 80 p.c of the circumstances there have been gentle.
But infections may cause pneumonia, extreme acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even dying, in response to the World Health Organization. Older folks with underlying well being situations are most in danger.
Experts decided there was constant proof these situations improve an individual’s threat, no matter age:
- Chronic kidney illness
- COPD (continual obstructive pulmonary illness)
- Obesity (BMI of 30 or larger)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from stable organ transplant
- Serious coronary heart situations, akin to coronary heart failure, coronary artery illness, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell illness
- Type 2 diabetes
- The CDC believes signs might seem wherever from two to 14 days after being uncovered.
Human coronaviruses are often unfold…
- Between people who find themselves in shut contact with each other (inside about 6 ft).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an contaminated particular person coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who find themselves close by or probably be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some current research have urged that COVID-19 could also be unfold by people who find themselves not displaying signs.
Help cease the unfold of coronavirus
- Stay residence when you’re sick.
- Eat and sleep individually from your loved ones members
- Use completely different utensils and dishes
- Cover your cough or sneeze together with your arm, not your hand.
- If you utilize a tissue, throw it in the trash.
Find a Testing Location
City officers suggest getting a COVID-19 take a look at when you expertise fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or problem respiratory, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or odor, sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
Here’s a Testing Sites Locator that will help you discover the testing location closest to you in San Antonio.