The largest company bitcoin holder has filed a brand new submitting with the US Securities and Exchange Commission that can primarily permit it to buy extra BTC for up to $500 million.
The information comes as the cryptocurrency surged previous the $20,000 stage and jumped to a brand new two-week excessive.
- The filing with the securities regulator reveals that MicroStrategy plans to promote up to $500 million price of its stock for “general corporate purposes, including the acquisition of bitcoin.”
- Interestingly, the market reacted fairly positively to this submitting, with MSTR worth surging by greater than 10% on Friday to over $260 per piece.
- Bitcoin’s worth has additionally seen an uptick in the previous few days. The asset had tumbled to a 6-week low at $18,500 throughout the week however reclaimed the $20,000 early on Friday.
- The begin of the weekend introduced much more positivity to the bulls as BTC jumped to a two-week excessive above $21,500, maybe fueled by MicroStrategy’s plans.
- Looking from the company’s perspective, this submitting comes at a compelling time. As ordinary, there have been rumors that the agency had begun disposing of its bitcoins (and, as ordinary, improper ones) after Michael Saylor stepped down as CEO.
- Once that occurred, MicroStrategy reassured that it’s going to proceed accumulating BTC however is but to accomplish that formally.
- The final company buy got here at the finish of June – price $10 million. It’s additionally price noting that the business intelligence software large sits on a large unrealized loss on its bitcoin holdings.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this hyperlink to register and obtain $100 free and 10% off charges on Binance Futures first month (phrases).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this hyperlink to register & enter POTATO50 code to obtain up to $7,000 in your deposits.