5 Valley freeway restrictions, closures to know about
Heads up, drivers! There are a number of Valley freeway closures to know about as you head out this weekend.
Here’s what the Arizona Department of Transportation website has listed as scheduled:
- Westbound I-10 closed between US 60 (Superstition Freeway) and State Route 143 (Hohokam Expressway) close to Sky Harbor Airport from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17) for the I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project. Westbound US 60 ramps to westbound I-10 closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at Elliot, Baseline and Broadway roads closed. Westbound US 60 on-ramps at McClintock Drive, Rural Road and Mill Avenue closed. Southbound SR 143 closed at I-10 (Southbound SR 143 ramp to westbound I-10 will stay open). Southbound SR 143 on-ramp at University Drive closed.
- Westbound I-10 Detour: Allow further journey time. Westbound I-10 site visitors can detour on eastbound US 60 to northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and use westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to attain I-10 (and Sky Harbor Airport) past the closure.
- Also: Eastbound I-10 narrowed to two lanes between forty eighth Street and Broadway Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17).
- Note: Northbound SR 143 off-ramp at University Drive closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Sunday (Oct. 16).
- I-10 narrowed to one lane in each instructions between Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) and Riggs Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 15) and from 10 p.m. Saturday to 5 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 16) for pavement sealing (climate allowing). All ramps connecting I-10 and Loop 202 closed at instances Saturday. Also plan for I-10 on- and off-ramp closures between Chandler Boulevard and Riggs Road on Saturday (I-10 proper lanes will probably be closed).
- Detour: Please enable further journey time and think about alternate routes, together with Arizona Avenue/SR 587 within the Chandler space, to keep away from I-10 work zones. Crews will work to reopen I-10 in sections because the work progresses on Saturday and Sunday.
- Southbound I-17 closed between Pinnacle Peak Road and Union Hills Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17) for ongoing pavement enchancment project. Southbound I-17 ramps to Loop 101 closed. Both Loop 101 ramps to southbound I-17 will stay open.
- Detours: Consider exiting forward of the closure and utilizing native routes to enter eastbound Loop 101 earlier than utilizing southbound SR 51 to attain the downtown Phoenix/Sky Harbor Airport area. Southbound I-17 site visitors exiting at Pinnacle Road Road can detour on southbound nineteenth or thirty fifth avenues (anticipate delays).
- Westbound I-10 narrowed to one lane in areas between Verrado Way and Watson Road in Buckeye from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17) for widening project. Eastbound I-10 additionally narrowed to one lane between Watson Road and Verrado Way from 8 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 17). Allow further journey time and think about alternate routes.
- Note: Westbound I-10 off- and on-ramps at Watson Road to shut for a number of weeks from 9 p.m. Friday to late November for interchange enchancment work. Detours to or from westbound I-10 whereas Watson Road ramps are closed will probably be obtainable by way of the Verrado Way or Miller Road interchanges.
- Ongoing metropolis of Tempe closures of the eastbound US 60 ramp to southbound Loop 101 and the eastbound US 60 off-ramp at McClintock Drive are scheduled till late October for Tempe water line repairs. The ramp closures started Oct. 3 and are scheduled till Oct. 30. Earlier openings of the ramps are attainable.
- Detours: Consider utilizing southbound Rural or Dobson roads as alternate routes.