Happy Wednesday everybody! Merichelle Norwood right here to fill your inbox immediately with the highest tales within the Valley of the Sun.
- 💸 New report shares how a lot it’s good to make to hire an house in metro Phoenix.
- ⚾ Chase Field to host twentieth annual Perfect Game All-American Classic.
- 💚 Battery-powered buses to roll out in 2024.
Summer climate: High: 99 Low: 79.
📢 I’m in search of business homeowners and entrepreneurs in Phoenix who wish to build consciousness, join with prospects and enhance gross sales.
I’ve a restricted variety of sponsorships out there to introduce our Phoenix Daily readers to native companies they should learn about. If that’s you, then I invite you to be taught extra and safe your spot now.
Here are the highest tales in Phoenix immediately:
1) New report publishes how a lot it’s good to make to hire an house in metro Phoenix — spoiler: so much. Residents in search of a two-bedroom house must be ready to pay over $1,300 a month, and over $2,000 for a four-bedroom.
2) Homerun! The twentieth annual Perfect Game All-American Classic shall be hosted by Chase Field. “The Arizona Diamondbacks and Chase Field are honored to welcome Perfect Game and its prestigious All-American Classic game to Phoenix,” Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall mentioned. The occasion happens this Sunday and can characteristic 50+ prime ranked highschool baseball gamers within the nation.
3) Old Phoenix buildings deserve a makeover, and builders are right here for it. “People love old buildings, sites and stories,” said Lorenzo Perez, co-founder of Phoenix-based Venue Projects, the company behind the revamp of the Newton, which includes Changing Hands and Southern Rail. Some targeted projects by Venue Projects and other developers include Hayden Flour Mill, Paradise Valley Mall, and Metrocenter Mall.
(AZ Central, subscription needed)
4) Go green! Phoenix receives $16.3 million for greener buses, including 12 hydrogen fuel cell buses and six battery electric buses. The fleet is expected to roll out in 2024. “We are a very long city, so we have bus routes that are longer than many of our peer communities,” Mayor Kate Gallego mentioned. “If buses succeed with 500 square miles and temperatures that can reach 120 degrees, that is quality testing and the whole country can benefit from what we find out here.”
5) Calling all vegans! Phoenix Vegan Restaurant Week returns for its second year. Explore the plant-based meals scene within the Valley this Sept. 11-18. Dishes range from $15-$44 relying on the time of day you eat.
Mark your calendar:
- Nirvana Karaoke, Aug. 24. (Details)
- What She Said Event, Aug. 25. (Details)
- Sunset Yoga within the Courtyard, Aug. 25. (Details)
- Kid Cudi, Aug. 25. (Details)
- Def Leppard & Mötley Crüe, Aug. 25. (Details)
- Hell City Tattoo Festival, Aug. 26-28. (Details)
From my pocket book:
- “🚨 Calling all critter followers 🚨 These little guys could also be small, however they’re in search of a giant love! Each of those cuties may be adopted for simply $5 now by Friday, Aug. 26. ” (Arizona Humane Society via Facebook)
- “Check out this gem in #phx This constructing, at 1688 W. Adams St., was in-built 1930 within the Italian Renaissance Revival design. It was the primary state office constructing to be separate from the close by state Capitol.” (City of Phoenix, AZ USA via Facebook)
- “Today, the City of Phoenix and the AZ Super Bowl group together with Visit Phoenix unveiled a Super Bowl Countdown Clock inside Terminal 4 of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport… now everybody can get excited as we get nearer to the sport!” (City of Phoenix, AZ USA via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Merichelle Norwood
About me: Merichelle has chronicled her many Arizona adventures since 2016. She is the founder of the local blog She Moves PHX. You’re most likely to find her munching on tacos on a Tuesday, sipping brews at a local cafe, or eating unicorn cakes.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Phoenix Daily? Contact me at [email protected]