Happy Monday everybody! Merichelle Norwood right here to fill your inbox immediately with the highest tales in the Valley of the Sun.
Summer Weather: High: 106 Low: 85.
📢 I’m in search of business house owners and entrepreneurs in Phoenix who need to build consciousness, join with prospects and enhance gross sales.
I’ve a restricted variety of sponsorships accessible to introduce our Phoenix Daily readers to native companies they want to find out about. If that’s you, then I invite you to be taught extra and safe your spot now.
Here are the highest tales in Phoenix immediately:
1) Metro Phoenix’s housing market beginning to cool as dwelling costs fall, as provide will increase.
“Housing analysts are calling the market ‘balanced’ after more than a year and a half of an overly hot market.”
2) Phoenix Festival of the Arts is celebrating its 10-year anniversary and is now accepting artist purposes for the December showcase.
The deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, August thirty first. The occasion shall be held on December 10-11. The occasion attracts over 12,000 attendees.
3) Four Peaks Oktoberfest at Tempe Town Lake, the longest working Oktoberfest in the Valley, was named one of many high Oktoberfests in the nation.
This year the occasion shall be held from October 7-9. Festivities embody a parade, carnival rides, and stein holding.
4) Alleged alligator recognizing in Glendale; Police on the prowl.
It was reported that somebody put an alligator in Arrowhead Lake – police are investigating.
5) Jerry Seinfield to carry out in Phoenix this fall.
The comic hasn’t been again to the Valley since 2018, and shall be coming November 5.
Today in Phoenix:
- Rick Springfield (Details)
- Peter Hook and the Light (Details)
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Philadelphia Phillies (Details)
From my pocket book:
- “Firefighters from Phoenix, Tempe and Chandler have rescued a 60 year old woman off of South Mountain today. Crews were called out after the patient’s daughter noticed the woman suffering from heat exhaustion and called 911.” (Phoenix Fire Department via Facebook)
- “Want to be a part of the Super Bowl experience? The @AZsuperbowl Committee needs 5,000 volunteers to help welcome the world to #PHX and Super Bowl LVII Get started here: AZSuperBowl.com/Volunteer #SuperPHX” (City of Phoenix, AZ USA via Facebook)
- “Do you work in the automotive industry? Do you want to make an impact on our community? City of Phoenix, AZ USA is offering a $2,500 hiring incentive for new Heavy Equipment Mechanics and Equipment Service Worker II positions.” (City of Phoenix Public Works Department via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
You’re formally in the loop for immediately. I’ll be again in your inbox tomorrow with a brand new replace!
— Merichelle Norwood
About me: Merichelle has chronicled her many Arizona adventures since 2016. She is the Founder of the native weblog She Moves PHX. You’re almost certainly to discover her munching on tacos on a Tuesday, sipping brews at an area cafe, or consuming unicorn desserts.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Phoenix Daily? Contact me at [email protected]