Hi all. It’s me, Miranda Fraraccio, your host of the Philadelphia Daily. Let’s get this week began off proper, with a fast dive into a very powerful issues occurring nowadays on the town.
First, in the present day’s climate:
Very heat with clouds and solar. High: 89 Low: 69.
📢 I’m in search of business homeowners and entrepreneurs in Philadelphia who wish to build consciousness, join with prospects and enhance gross sales.
I’ve a restricted variety of sponsorships out there to introduce our Philadelphia Daily readers to native companies they should learn about. If that’s you, then I invite you to study extra and safe your spot now.
Here are the highest three tales in the present day in Philadelphia:
- Giving again to the group may quickly offer you a tax credit score in return. The Philadelphia City Council is contemplating a proposal that might supply a tax credit score for volunteer work. If authorized, the invoice would enable those that carry out group service to obtain a credit score of as much as $1,000 yearly, or $5 per hour for every hour labored. (WHYY)
- A person has been arrested after allegedly raping a girl in Rittenhouse Square early Friday morning. Authorities say the suspect, a 6’6″ male in his 40s, was noticed panhandling on the nook of 18th and Walnut Streets earlier than assaulting a 27-year-old lady who was strolling house from a bar. Anyone with details about the incident is requested to contact the Philadelphia Police Department’s Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251. (PhillyVoice.com)
- A preferred and scrumptious culinary custom returns to Philadelphia for Hispanic Heritage Month. Dine Latino Restaurant Week will run from Sep. 19 to 23 throughout practically two dozen Latino-owned eateries within the Philadelphia space. Click here for a full checklist of occasions and collaborating eating places. (WPVI-TV)
Today in Philadelphia:
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover At Fishtown Community Branch Library (11:00 AM)
- CareerLink At Whitman Branch Library (1:30 PM)
- Singing For Busy Adults: Free Intro Class At Temple University Center City Campus (6:00 PM)
- An Evening With Chairman Omali Yeshitela At Uhuru Furniture (6:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- Good news for local bikers: The Wissahickon Bike Trail bridges have officially reopened. Philadelphia Parks & Recreation kicked off the celebration with a ribbon-cutting ceremony over the weekend.(Philadelphia Parks & Recreation by way of Facebook)
- From an Instagram-worthy ‘Pretty in Pink’ house within the metropolis to a mid-century house with a wavy roof simply throughout the Delaware, listed here are the hottest Airbnb listings in and round Philadelphia. (NBC 10 Philadelphia)
- Alternatively, if you happen to’re in search of a extra everlasting residence within the space, you’ll be able to view these 5 new homes to hit the Philly market. (Philadelphia Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
Gigs & providers:
Alrighty, you are all caught up for in the present day. See you all tomorrow morning for one more replace.
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a born and raised Rhode Islander, now residing in New York. She works as a employees author for content material creation company Lightning Media Partners and is a graduate of The University of Rhode Island, the place she earned a level in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, yow will discover her touring, consuming tea, or photographing her neighborhood as a avenue photographer.