Hi all. I’m again in your inbox this morning with the whole lot you want to find out about what’s taking place lately in Miami. Let’s dive proper in…
First, as we speak’s climate:
A stray afternoon t-storm. High: 87 Low: 80.
🏡 Looking for extra actual property leads in Miami? Let us assist you to attain potential dwelling consumers and stand out from the competitors. Click right here to study extra.
Here are the highest tales in Miami as we speak:
1. 26-year-old Miami Dade police officer, Donovan Williams Rojas, was off-duty when Monroe County deputies caught him dashing over 110 MPH off the Florida Keys on Sunday morning. Rojas was arrested for fleeing and driving underneath the affect. (WSVN)
2. Surging fuel costs are inflicting a change in conduct for drivers. In the city of Davie, the line for Costco fuel is so lengthy, that it typically backs up onto a busy State Road 84, leaving residents asking the place the police are. Davie Officials say they won’t ship officers out clear the highway or to put in writing any tickets so this can be a brand new actuality. (WPLG Local 10)
3. Azealia Banks made a scene final weekend at her Wynwood Pride efficiency in Miami, tossing her microphone and storming off the stage after complaining concerning the occasion promoters’ alleged unprofessionalism. Banks posted in a Twitter thread, “Wynwood Pride was way too ghetto. I had to bounce,” and precipitated a stir on-line. (People)
4. The Salty Donut is opening its third South Florida location in Coconut Grove with a deliberate fall 2022 date. Exclusive new flavors for Coconut Grove embody Caramel Apple and Double Chocolate Cookie. (Miami Herald)
5. A pair of warehouses transformed to office areas in Miami’s Wynwood Arts District has bought for $18.75 million, greater than quadrupling in worth. The buildings final traded for $4.6 million. (Subscription: South Florida Business Journal)
Today in Miami:
- COAST Fashion Trade Exhibition. (all day)
- Mart Of Miami Trade Show June 2022. (all day)
- The Art Of Mindfulness at University of Miami College Art And Culture. (1 p.m.)
- Regular Council Meeting at Key Biscayne Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center. (6 p.m.)
- Hornitos Cocktail Class at Barbakoa By Finka. (7 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- Miami metropolis officers proceed to delay reauthorizing the funding obligatory for the restoration of Miami Marine Stadium. An indefinite deferral might imply the matter won’t find yourself on an agenda for one more six months. (Miami Today)
- Lawsuits in opposition to The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection declare the company fired or retaliated in opposition to staff within the Miami’s gross sales staff for talking out in opposition to discrimination. Workers declare they had been informed to “sound more British.” (Miami New Times)
- Attorneys who labored to safe settlements topping $1 billion within the collapse of the Surfside rental constructing during which 98 folks died are requesting about $100 million in charges and prices, based on a brand new court docket submitting. (Fox 35)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
- Miami Museum of Contemporary Art Co-Hosts Creative Conversation Juneteenth Celebration (June 17)
- Hire A Pro To Clean Up The Yard For Dad (June 19)
- Add your occasion
You’re all caught up for as we speak! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a brand new replace.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my identify is Carlos Hernandez and I’m a meals author with over 10 years of expertise within the business. I write the meals weblog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and likewise contribute to a number of newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at [email protected]