Morning, mates! I’m again in your inbox this morning along with your recent version of the Miami Daily. Here are all crucial issues to find out about what’s taking place on the town immediately…
- 🍽️ Miami Spice is now underway. Enjoy at scrumptious native eating places all month together with at Michelin rated ones.
- 🎃 If you are in search of a pumpkin to kick off fall, Miami Patch has you coated with a information to all of the native spots.
- 🏡 Ken Griffin has been revealed as the customer of the costliest residential actual property buy in Miami historical past at over $106 million.
Today is Chuseok or South Korea’s Harvest Moon Festival. It is a day to spend with household and luxuriate in Korean delights. Celebrate by supporting an area Korean restaurant in South Florida.
📣 Our readers like to rejoice excellent news! You can now shout out your huge announcement on the prime of the Miami Daily e-newsletter. Whether it is a grand opening, new product on the market, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding ceremony or new child, let everybody rejoice alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
First, immediately’s climate:
A thunderstorm in spots. High: 91 Low: 81.
🏡 Looking for extra actual property leads in Miami? Let us show you how to attain potential residence consumers and stand out from the competitors. Click right here to be taught extra.
Here are the highest tales immediately in Miami:
1. If you are questioning the place to choose up a pumpkin in South Florida to rejoice the approaching of autumn, Patch Miami has you coated with a information. On the record are Flamingo Road Nursery, Santa’s Garden, Little Farm, Pinto’s Farm, and extra. (Miami Patch)
2. Police arrested a South Florida man accused of taking pictures two youngsters on Friday, Neysser Poey-Gomez, and charged him with tried homicide. Police say the accused knew the victims and shot them over an ongoing feud. (WSVN)
3. The Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau‘s Miami Spice restaurant month runs from now by the top of the month and options choices beginning at $28 for a two-course lunch and $45 for a three-course dinner. The record contains eating places featured within the inaugural Michelin Guide Florida together with COTE Miami. (WPLG Local 10)
4. A South Florida native who went lacking whereas mountain climbing in Southern California was discovered lifeless on Thursday, based on authorities. 29-year-old Tim Sgrignoli disappeared Sunday whereas mountain climbing along with his girlfriend within the Gaviota Peak space. Sgrignoli went to seek out water and assist for his girlfriend affected by warmth exhaustion earlier than his disappearance. No foul play is suspected. (NBC Miami)
5. Ken Griffin has been revealed because the purchaser of the most costly residential actual property in Miami historical past. Griffin owns The Citadel and bought the property in Coconut Grove for $106,875,000. The property entered the market at $150 million and bought 29% under that. (The Real Deal – Miami, New York Post)
Today in Miami:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Cleanup Bash at B Ocean Resort. (8 a.m.)
- Ocean Waves Quilters Guild at West Kendall Regional Library. (10 a.m.)
- Miami Sunset Session Pool Party at AC Hotel Miami Wynwood. (2 p.m.)
- Art Haven Wynwood at Wynwood Kollective. (4 p.m.)
- Bryan Softwell at Racket Wynwood. (11 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- Miami Heat proprietor Micky Arison was among the many tens of millions of individuals the world over who paid their respects to Queen Elizabeth II, who died Thursday on the age of 96. He tweeted a photograph with “R.I.P. Your Majesty.” (Sports Illustrated)
- Edition is constructing its first-ever standalone branded residences in Miami’s Edgewater neighborhood. It will function 185 houses in a 55-story waterfront tower. (Robb Report)
- Saif Ishoof is working to build a neighborhood of expertise in Miami and is named “Miami’s-Connector-In-Chief.” He is the founding father of consulting tech agency Lab22c and former Vice President for FIU’s Office of Engagement. (Refresh Miami)
- A retired Hialeah firefighter is accused of promoting certifications in life-saving methods with out offering any coaching, State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle stated. 60-year-old Carlos Ernesto Rojas was a 20-year veteran of the Hialeah Fire Department. He is charged with one depend of organized scheme to defraud, a third-degree felony, and extra fees may very well be on the best way. (WPLG Local 10)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
That’s it for immediately. I’ll meet up with you vibrant and early tomorrow morning with one other replace!
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my identify is Carlos Hernandez and I’m a meals author with over 10 years of expertise within the trade. I write the meals weblog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and in addition contribute to a number of newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.