Hi all. It’s me, Dan Casarella, your host of the Philadelphia Daily. Keep studying for crucial issues occurring on the town.
First, at the moment’s climate:
Showers and a heavier t-storm. High: 84 Low: 65.
Here’s to our premier native sponsor. Check out what they will do for you:
Has your private home lately suffered from harm by fireplace, water or a serious storm? Zev Guttman of Property Adjustment Corporation is an area Philadelphia-based licensed public adjuster who supplies recommendation and helps shoppers with insurance coverage claims after they have skilled any kind of main harm to their properties in Philadelphia and its surrounding areas. Zev is the native skilled you possibly can belief to achieve a high declare settlement. Call Zev at the moment at(267) 789-4129.
Want to see your business featured on this spot? Click right here to get began.
Here are the highest 4 tales at the moment in Philadelphia:
- Philly has applied a red-painted bus-only lane alongside Chestnut Street in Center City to scale back visitors congestion. The purpose of the bus-only lanes is to enhance transit reliability and improve SEPTA effectivity within the metropolis. (PhillyVoice.com)
- Eleven separate shootings befell throughout Philadelphia Friday night time into Saturday. The shootings left two useless and 10 others injured. No arrests have been made presently. (CBS Philly)
- The Urban League Of Philadelphia has obtained a $350,000 federal grant from U.S. Rep. Brendan F. Doyle for its housing counseling program. The program is licensed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and acknowledged by town and state. (Patch)
- The Philadelphia Flower Show is returning to the Pennsylvania Convention Center. After two out of doors reveals at FDR Park because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the present shall be again on the conference heart from Mar. 4-12, 2023. (Philadelphia Sunday Sun)
Help us make this article higher!
We’ve been getting a lot optimistic suggestions in regards to the Philadelphia Daily that we’re beginning to get an enormous head. Want to convey us again right down to earth with some constructive suggestions? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your suggestions will assist us make sure that we’re masking the type of native information, occasions and scuttlebutt you actually care about. And it is going to assist us towards our purpose of being an indispensable native useful resource and the final electronic mail you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your suggestions that, for those who take the survey, we’ll enter your electronic mail handle in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you need that tote bag — so click on the hyperlink and provides it to us straight. Thank you!
Today in Philadelphia:
- a hundredth Annual Directors Cup Golf Challenge At Union League Golf Club at Torresdale (10:30 AM)
- GNL’s BINGO Nite Virtual Event, Hosted By Girls Nite Live (7:00 PM)
- Helping To Protect Your Standard Of Living: The Value Of Individual Disability Insurance Virtual On-Demand Event, Hosted By New York Life (8:00 PM)
From my pocket book:
- Philly swimming pools opened this week! Philadelphia Parks & Recreation is partnering with Philadelphia Youth Sports Collaborative for a swimwear drive so youngsters can make the most of free swimming classes at Philly public swimming pools. (Philadelphia Parks & Recreation via Facebook)
- Looking for a trip however not eager to journey exterior of town? Try a staycation at The Rittenhouse, Four Seasons, The Logan, Loews, and extra. (Philadelphia magazine)
- Introducing the Greater Philadelphia Community Alliance! Non-profits Diversified Community Services and United Communities have merged to offer high-quality providers to interrupt the cycle of intergenerational poverty. (Philadelphia Sunday Sun)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
Alrighty, you are all caught up for at the moment. See you all tomorrow for one more replace!
— Dan Casarella
About me: Dan Casarella is a author, podcast producer, and small business growth specialist who previously labored in late-night tv. He’s produced many speak segments, together with with President Joe Biden, Kobe Bryant, and Chadwick Boseman. Dan studied Media Studies and Production at Temple University. He additionally enjoys operating, portray, and the highs and lows of Philadelphia’s sports activities groups.