Hello all. It’s me, Dan Casarella, your host of the Philadelphia Daily — right here to elucidate all a very powerful issues taking place on the town.
First, right now’s climate:
Heavy afternoon showers. High: 78 Low: 63.
👀 Attention native companies & entrepreneurs: Attract extra prospects in Philadelphia by sponsoring this every day e-newsletter, which will get learn by the identical individuals you are attempting to achieve. Click right here to study extra.
Here are the highest tales in Philadelphia right now:
- Something is rotten within the state of Philadelphia. What was first reported as an “unknown white powder” and triggered an evacuation of a federal courthouse Tuesday morning. Philadelphia PD recognized the “substance” as previous meals belonging to a decide within the courthouse. Maybe that is your signal to wash out your fridge earlier than it turns into a biohazard. (NBC 10 Philadelphia)
- Philadelphia is kicking off its free meal program for youths in want this summer time. According to metropolis officers, there will likely be over 400 meal websites projected to serve at the least 873,000 meals. The metropolis continues to be in want of dry items and financial donations to make sure they’ll present meals all through the summer time. The program will run from June 27 to Aug. 12. (WPVI-TV)
- One man is lifeless after being shot within the head outdoors his residence Tuesday morning. According to neighbors, the 76-year-old man was well-known and at all times exercised early within the day. The taking pictures occurred within the Juniata part of town. Police say that the taking pictures occurred round 5:00 a.m. As of Tuesday night, police are nonetheless investigating the homicide. (WPVI-TV)
Help us make this text higher!
We’ve been getting a lot optimistic suggestions concerning the Philadelphia Daily that we’re beginning to get a giant head. Want to convey us again all the way down to earth with some constructive suggestions? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your suggestions will assist us be sure we’re overlaying the type of native information, occasions and scuttlebutt you actually care about. And it is going to assist us towards our purpose of being an indispensable native useful resource and the final e-mail you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your suggestions that, in case you take the survey, we’ll enter your e-mail deal with in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you need that tote bag — so click on the hyperlink and provides it to us straight. Thank you!
Today in Philadelphia:
- Story Time Online (10:15 AM)
- Preschool Storytime And Play Group at Richmond Branch Library (10:30 AM)
- How to Improve Your Writing Style Online (4:00 PM)
- Family Feud at Thirsty Dice (6:30 PM)
From my pocket book:
- Philadelphia Youth Orchestra shared images from the Annual Festival Concerts on June 5. Check out the gallery on the hyperlink. (Philadelphia Youth Orchestra via Facebook)
- Free Library of Philadelphia needs to let you realize concerning the 58th and Baltimore Farmer’s Market. While the market formally started earlier this month, it is going to return to the Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek Library each Wednesday all through the summer time and early fall. See extra particulars on the hyperlink. (Free Library of Philadelphia via Facebook)
- Mayor’s Office of Public Engagement invitations you to the following Brothas Stroll. The occasion is a chance for black males, boys, and allies to attach and lift consciousness of well being and wellness. (Mayor’s Office of Public Engagement via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
- Come go to our annual Panama Jack warehouse sale on Wed June Twenty second- Sat June twenty fifth 😎 (June 23)
- Book Signing with NYT Bestselling YA Author C.J. Redwine (June 27)
- Add your occasion
Gigs & companies:
Thanks for following alongside and staying knowledgeable! See you all tomorrow for one more replace.
— Dan Casarella
About me: Dan Casarella is a author, podcast producer, and small business growth specialist who previously labored in late-night tv. He’s produced many discuss segments, together with with President Joe Biden, Kobe Bryant, and Chadwick Boseman. Dan studied Media Studies and Production at Temple University. He additionally enjoys working, portray, and the highs and lows of Philadelphia’s sports activities groups.