Good morning, Miami! It’s Monday, so let’s get you began with every little thing you have to know occurring right this moment in Miami.
First, right this moment’s climate:
A t-storm round within the p.m.. High: 85 Low: 74.
Are you a neighborhood business proprietor or marketer? We may help you effortlessly run efficient adverts that attain prospects in Miami. Click right here to be taught extra.
Here are the highest tales in Miami right this moment:
1. A retired firefighter and paramedic in South Florida is on the entrance traces stopping deadly fentanyl overdoses locally each day by distributing the FDA-approved nasal spray Narcan to those that want it. (Miami Patch)
2. Nexo Residences has launched gross sales in North Miami Beach. It is deliberate to be constructed at 13899 Biscayne Boulevard. The property will embody 254 residences, which will likely be delivered totally completed and turnkey. (The Next Miami)
3. The Miami Heat and Boston Celtics will play Game 1 of the jap finals Tuesday at FTX Arena. This will mark the second time in three years the groups have met within the postseason. The Heat defeated the Celtics within the 2020 convention finals on their option to the NBA Finals, the place they lost in six video games to the Los Angeles Lakers. (Sports Illustrated)
4. Transforming Port Everglades’ Cruise Terminal 4 right into a second dwelling for Disney Cruise Line obtained the inexperienced gentle earlier this month because the Broward County Commission authorized Bermello, Ajamil & Partners, Inc. for design and consulting companies. “We are certainly very happy and complimented that Disney Cruise Line will be sailing from our Port Everglades,” mentioned Broward County Mayor Michael Udine. (Miami’s Community Newspaper)
5. A fourth jail guard has been extradited to South Florida to face fees in reference to the lethal beating of an inmate. Jeremy Godbolt is going through a number of fees, together with second-degree homicide, within the loss of life of 60-year-old Ronald Ingram. (CBS Miami)
Today in Miami:
- Job Fair at Bodega Coconut Grove. (10:00 AM)
- Zine Club at Miami-Dade Main Public Library. (4:00 PM)
- Miami Marlins Vs. Washington Nationals at LoanDepot Park. (7:40 PM)
- Emo Karaoke Party at Sweet Caroline Miami. (9:00 PM)
- Miami Club Crawl at The Claremont Hotel. (10:30 PM)
From my pocket book:
- A main street in Pembroke Pines was shut down on Sunday following a violent crash. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies have been on the scene of the crash, which occurred Sunday morning close to the intersection of Pines Boulevard and 136th Avenue. (WPLG Local 10)
- Two cyclists died after being struck on the Rickenbacker Causeway Sunday afternoon, Miami Police mentioned. (NBC Miami)
- One individual was killed and 5 others have been injured Saturday afternoon after a small airplane caught on fireplace after crashing on the Haulover Inlet bridge in Miami, authorities confirmed. (WPLG Local 10)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
- Antique Silver and Brass Restoration Services (May 18)
- Orchestra Miami closes its fifteenth Anniversary Season with An Evening with Wendy Pedersen (May 21)
- Best of the Best Music Fest (May 29)
- Add your occasion
Thanks for following alongside and staying knowledgeable! I’ll meet up with you vivid and early tomorrow morning together with your subsequent replace.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my identify is Carlos Hernandez and I’m a meals author with over 10 years of expertise within the business. I write the meals weblog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and in addition contribute to a number of newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at [email protected]