Good morning, Brooklyn! I’m your host Patrick Murray right here with 5 tales to kick off your day.
First, in the present day’s climate:
Partly cloudy with a excessive of 88 and a low of 73.
Here are the highest tales in the present day in Brooklyn:
- Vice President Kamala Harris visited Brooklyn yesterday, selecting Bed-Stuy as the situation to announce a multi-billion greenback financial bundle. The announcement occasion noticed a stretch of Fulton Street closed down with secret service and police round Restoration Plaza. The press convention was organized to have a good time the Economic Opportunity Coalition, designed to “strengthen the country’s economic recovery.” (Patch)
- A lacking Brooklyn girl’s stays had been recognized in Queens on the morning of July 26, and the demise has been dominated a murder. Gloria Lee, 53, was reported lacking on Oct. 8, 2021. The East Flatbush native was final seen at her dwelling on May 28, 2021, and no arrests have but been made within the case. (MSNNew York Daily News)
- A suspect needed for groping a lady at a Brooklyn subway station on July 23 has been linked to a different incident which occurred solely days earlier. The unidentified man attacked a lady on the Upper West Side on July 20 earlier than groping a lady on the Carroll Street subway station three days later. The NYPD has linked him to each assaults, and has launched surveillance footage of him. (Patch)
- A pair of males are needed for robbing a fuel station in East Williamsburg early on Thursday morning. The two males stole $1,200 in money from the register together with 4 six-packs of beer earlier than fleeing. Police have requested for the general public’s assist in figuring out the suspects. (PIX11 New York News)
- Habana Outpost has returned to Fort Greene after a closure introduced on by the pandemic. The Cuban eatery had lengthy been a neighborhood favourite, and has now returned and is included on the listing of 16 greatest outside eating locations in Brooklyn. (Patch)
Today in Brooklyn:
- Brooklyn Arts Council on the Billie Holiday Theatre. (5:30 p.m.)
- Live music at The Lena Horne Bandshell. (6 p.m.)
- Christian Lee Hutson reside at Brooklyn Made. (7 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- The Class, outside exercise returns to the Brooklyn Bridge Park on Saturday. (Instagram)
- Celebrate the Caribbean on the Brooklyn Children’s Museum is simply over every week away! (Facebook)
- Look into a few of Brooklyn’s greatest after college packages and actions. (New York Family)
- Barboncino has modified possession after a decade, however the meals and traditions stay the identical. (Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
You’re all caught up for in the present day. I’ll see you round!
— Patrick Murray
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Brooklyn Daily? Contact me at [email protected]