🌱 Houston Named On Bike-Friendly Cities + ATM Thieves Captured
Morning, everyone! It’s me, Carlos Hernandez, your host of the Daily. Come alongside for a very powerful issues occurring nowadays on the town.
First, right now’s climate:
Record-breaking warmth. High: 100 Low: 79.
🏡 Looking for extra actual property leads in Houston? Let us provide help to attain potential house consumers and stand out from the competitors. Click right here to study extra.
Here are the highest tales right now in Houston:
1. In a latest evaluation by Anytime Estimate, Houston ranked quantity 29 among the many high 50 bike-friendly cities within the United States. The rating was primarily based on the proportion of employees who bike as a way of transportation, variety of biking trails, bike retailers, and bike-share docking stations per 100,000 residents. (Houstonia)
2. On Saturday, Yelp teamed up with Snooze to host a drag brunch fundraiser in Montrose. They stated the occasion was family-friendly. Meanwhile, one Texas lawmaker, Rep. Bryan Slaton, is engaged on a invoice that will ban youngsters from attending drag exhibits in Texas. (Fox 26 Houston)
3. Three suspects tried to steal an ATM in northwest Houston and had been promptly captured, police stated. Early Saturday morning, officers responded to a report of suspicious exercise at a Capital One financial institution on Blalock, close to the Katy Freeway. (ABC 13)
4. The Houston Police Department is asking the general public for assist in figuring out three theft suspects. Surveillance video exhibits suspects stroll right into a liquor retailer on May 23 round 2 p.m. within the 2800 block of Katy Freeway after which steal an costly bottle. (KHOU 11)
5. The company behind a SpongeBob SquarePants-themed bar and restaurant in Houston owes $6 million to Viacom. U.S. District Judge Ewing Werlein Jr. issued the ruling towards Pixi Universal on Wednesday, June 8, in line with Law360. (CultureMap Houston)
Today in Houston:
- Exhibition Drop-In Tours at Houston Center For Photography (7 a.m.)
- Blossom Hotel Houston Hosts Yoga & Bubbles Event. (10 a.m.)
- Sundays at Kamp Houston. (11 a.m.)
- Houston Astros Vs. Miami Marlins at Minute Maid Park. (1 p.m.)
- Irish Singing Duo Byrne And Kelly In Concert at Social House. (7:30 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- Montgomery County Habitat for Humanity, or Habitat MCTX, will host a June 25 workshop to indicate households how they will apply for the nonprofit’s inexpensive housing and restore applications. (Community Impact News)
- The University of Houston has settled with a conservative free speech group that sued the varsity over an anti-discrimination coverage that the group argued was overly broad and violated college students’ First Amendment rights. UH officers should pay $30,000 in lawyer’s charges to Speech First and UH officers should hold in place its amended anti-discrimination coverage. (Texas Tribune)
- Audubon bought 12 acres to Medistar Development to build three-story, garden-style residences in Audubon’s 3,000-acre master-planned group in Magnolia at Hwy. 249 and FM 1488, in line with a June 9 information launch. (Community Impact News)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar on June 13 & 16! (June 13)
- Taxes in Retirement Webinar on June 14 & 15! (June 14)
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar on June 14 & 16! (June 14)
- Hire A Pro To Clean Up The Yard For Dad (June 19)
- Online session with attorneys for personal harm circumstances in Houston (June 22)
- Add your occasion
Thanks for following alongside and staying knowledgeable! See you tomorrow morning for one more replace.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my identify is Carlos Hernandez and I’m a meals author with over 10 years of expertise within the business. I write the meals weblog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and in addition contribute to a number of newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Houston Daily? Contact me at [email protected]