🌱 Gun Control Advocates Meet At Sen. Rubio’s Office + Mangrove Ban
Welcome again, Miami. I’m right here in your inbox at present to inform you all the things you have to learn about what is going on on round city. Here’s the lowdown…
First, at present’s climate:
A stray afternoon t-storm. High: 86 Low: 77.
👀 Attention native companies & entrepreneurs: Attract extra prospects in Miami by sponsoring this day by day publication, which will get learn by the identical folks you are making an attempt to succeed in. Click right here to be taught extra.
Here are the highest tales at present in Miami:
1. Inter Miami CF II earned a 2-0 victory at DRV PNK Stadium on Saturday over a New England Revolution II squad that’s presently second place within the MLS NEXT Pro desk. Inter Miami CF II will probably be on the street this week, going through Columbus Crew 2 on Thursday, June 9 at 7 p.m. ET. (Inter Miami CF)
2. Advocates for stricter gun legal guidelines gathered exterior of Senator Marco Rubio’s office in Miami on Friday. David Hogg, survivor of the Parkland taking pictures, was among the many dozens who stood within the rain calling for the senator to behave on the latest mass shootings. (WGCU)
3. Two Broward County deputies and a 3rd particular person were rushed to the hospital after being concerned in a hit-and-run crash in Lauderdale Lakes. Deputies responded to a rollover crash on Northwest thirty first Avenue and twenty sixth Street round 10 p.m., Saturday, once they have been struck by a driver who ran a crimson gentle. (WSVN)
4. Families in Coral Springs have been evacuated after heavy rains from the passing tropical system this previous weekend induced extreme water injury to 2 condominium complexes. The displaced households have been despatched to Senior Center at Sartory Hall in the intervening time. (CBS Miami)
5. Miami metropolis commissioner Joe Carollo, who proposed banning new mangroves at metropolis parks to guard waterfront views mentioned final week he plans to drop the controversial transfer. Mangroves are referred to as among the finest pure obstacles to battle erosion pushed by rising seas and air pollution in coastal waters, an issue in South Florida. (WUSF)
Today in Miami:
- Video Game Afternoons at Allapattah Branch Library (3:00 p.m.)
- Jaguar Lab x Mango Mama Series. (4:00 p.m.)
- Good Crafternoon! at South Shore Branch Library. (5:00 p.m.)
- Noche De Arte- Art Residency Featuring Erin Parish at InterContinental Miami. (6:00 p.m.)
- Mellow Dramatic Mondays at Red Rooster Overtown. (8:00 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- Hundreds of fuel pumps in South Florida failed inspections over the last 18 months, in response to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. 463 pumps have failed inspections. (WPLG Local 10)
- Downtown Miami’s Yotel resort is now open. The resort is a part of the Yotelpad Miami tower. (The Next Miami)
- William G. Hardin has been named dean of Florida International University’s College of Business (FIU Business). He has served as interim dean since May 2021. (Miami’s Community News)
- Miami-Dade Mosquito Control vans will probably be again on the street early Monday morning to spray larvicide following the heavy rain this weekend. Residents are requested to remain away 100 ft in the event that they see crews. (CBS Miami)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
- Online Pediatric Dentistry Seminar by a prime Florida orthodontist close to me (June 11)
- Hire A Pro To Clean Up The Yard For Dad (June 19)
- Add your occasion
You’re formally within the loop for at present. I’ll see you round!
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my identify is Carlos Hernandez and I’m a meals author with over 10 years of expertise within the business. I write the meals weblog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and likewise contribute to a number of newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at [email protected]