Hello and completely happy Friday! I’m again in your inbox this morning with all crucial issues occurring on the town as we speak. Let’s do that…
First, as we speak’s climate:
Partly sunny and scorching. High: 103 Low: 75.
Want to see your business featured on this spot? Click right here to get began.
Here are the highest three tales as we speak in Phoenix:
- Amid a Colorado River water scarcity, the City of Phoenix introduced a “Stage 1 Water Alert” and activated its Drought Management Plan on Wednesday. According to a information launch, the town will encourage residents to voluntarily preserve water in methods which can be anticipated to have minimal impression on on a regular basis life. These adjustments embrace watering landscaping appropriately, in addition to figuring out and fixing leaks in sinks and bogs. Currently, the Colorado River provides roughly 40 p.c of the town’s water. (Phoenix Patch)
- After being shot eight occasions within the line of responsibility final December, Phoenix Police Department Officer Tyler Moldovan is lastly headed residence. 22-year-old Officer Moldovan, who was positioned on life assist for a month earlier than heading to a rehabilitation heart, was scheduled to reach at Deer Valley Airport yesterday at midday earlier than being taken residence by ambulance. According to a press release from the police division, Moldovan’s household is grateful for the assist of the general public and is asking for privateness as Moldovan continues to recuperate. (FOX 10 News Phoenix)
- The Phoenix Police Department reported a big drug bust in Phoenix. According to the PPD, officers have been investigating an individual who was suspected of promoting medicine; the person’s identification has not been launched. Police have reportedly seized roughly 45 kilos of meth, 11,000 fentanyl drugs, two handguns, an AR-15 pistol, and $23,000 in money. (FOX 10 News Phoenix)
From our sponsor:
Are you a Phoenix resident in search of an funding different to the stock market?
Bloomberg lately requested specialists the place they’d make investments $100,000 proper now, and plenty of of them had the identical answer: wonderful artwork.
Thinking you’ll be able to’t afford a Picasso? Well in 2012, Congress handed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securitization of paintings. A company known as Masterworks.io constructed the most important platform for purchasing and promoting artwork securities. In the previous, you may solely purchase shares of corporations like Apple, however with this investing app, you’ll be able to unlock this highly effective funding.
Meaning, you’ll be able to put money into shares of million-dollar paintings. And in unsure occasions, it seems, wonderful artwork could also be a sensible funding. Here’s why:
- Low correlation to shares in keeping with Citi
- Contemporary artwork traditionally returns 23.2% when inflation is >3%
- Contemporary artwork costs outpaced the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
To be taught extra, go to Masterworks.io, the place Phoenix Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
See necessary Reg A Disclosures
Today in Phoenix:
- Debut Of “Talking Trash: A Junk Exhibition” At FOUND:RE Phoenix Hotel (10:00 AM)
From my pocket book:
- Calling all potential owners: do not miss the newest Phoenix space properties to hit the market. (Phoenix Patch)
- The Phoenix City Council has accepted the acquisition of a brief bookmobile, set to reach subsequent spring. The 38-foot-long coach-style bus, which is able to home over 3,000 books and audiobooks in addition to present public computer entry, will likely be parked on city-owned land at 67th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road. (KJZZ)
- Arizona well being officers have launched a webpage crammed with info and resources to assist native households navigate the nationwide child components scarcity. (KTAR.com)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
Gigs & companies:
Alrighty, you are all caught up for as we speak! See you all tomorrow morning on your subsequent replace.
— Dominique-Noelle Rafael
About me: Dominique is a self taught UX/UI designer based mostly in Princeton, NJ. She lately graduated from the University of Maryland final spring with a bachelor’s diploma in Information Science. She is happy to start engaged on the Patch e-newsletter project this year!