Hi all. It’s me, Bettyann Pernice, your host of the San Diego Daily — right here to impart all a very powerful issues occurring on the town today. Let’s dive in…
First, right this moment’s climate:
Clouds giving approach to solar. High: 71, Low: 65.
📢 I’m in search of business house owners and entrepreneurs in San Diego who need to build consciousness, join with prospects and improve gross sales.
I’ve a restricted variety of sponsorships accessible to introduce our San Diego Daily readers to native companies they should find out about. If that is you, then I invite you to be taught extra and safe your spot now.
Here are three of the highest tales right this moment in San Diego:
- During this scarcity, some shops are mountaineering up costs on child method. The San Diego County District Attorney’s office mentioned it can pursue felony expenses towards shops that worth gouge on the worth of child method. “We want county residents to know that we stand ready to protect their consumer rights under the law, and we won’t let people cash in by taking advantage of families in need,” San Diego County District Attorney District Attorney Summer Stephan mentioned. “We take violations related to price gouging very seriously and encourage consumers to report suspected price hikes that they believe may be illegal.” To be taught extra: Click into parenthesis, then click on the hyperlink. (NBC San Diego)
- Enjoy your self at ‘Pride By The Beach 2022’ in Oceanside on June 11. “This is the 15th Pride celebration and will be in-person after a two-year hiatus in downtown Oceanside. “This
- year’s theme is ‘Together’ which acknowledges the joy and wish for the LGBTQ group to collect in celebration and mutual support. “The festival is the largest free, family-friendly, alcohol and tobacco-free event of its kind in the region.” To be taught extra: Click into parenthesis, then click on the hyperlink. (Patch)
- The warmth is on! So, if you happen to want a spot to chill off, take a look at the San Diego County Cool Zones. Need transportation to a Cool Zone location? Call 211 for help. A journey will be offered to you as properly, freed from cost. To be taught extra: Click into parenthesis, then click on the hyperlink. (NBC San Diego)
From our sponsor:
Are you a San Diego resident in search of an funding various to the stock market?
Bloomberg not too long ago requested specialists the place they’d make investments $100,000 proper now, and plenty of of them had the identical answer: advantageous artwork.
Thinking you possibly can’t afford a Picasso? Well in 2012, Congress handed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securitization of paintings. A company referred to as Masterworks.io constructed the biggest platform for getting and promoting artwork securities. In the previous, you can solely purchase shares of firms like Apple, however with this investing app, you possibly can unlock this highly effective funding.
Meaning, you possibly can put money into shares of million-dollar paintings. And in unsure instances, it seems, advantageous artwork could also be a sensible funding. Here’s why:
- Low correlation to shares in line with Citi
- Contemporary artwork traditionally returns 23.2% when inflation is >3%
- Contemporary artwork costs outpaced the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
To be taught extra, go to Masterworks.io, the place San Diego Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
See necessary Reg A Disclosures
Today in San Diego:
- Mad Science Presents: Fire and Ice — Mission Hills Branch Library. (10:00 AM)
- London & Shakespeare’s World — CECRB. (11 a.m.)
- Philosophy of Human Nature — San Diego Oasis. (1 p.m.)
- Chess Club — Rancho Peñasquitos Library. (3:30 PM)
- Science Club — Weingart City Heights Library. (4:00 PM)
- Bridge — Ed Brown Center. (1:30 p.m.)
From my pocket book:
- San Diego Police Department: Wondering the place police K9s come from? Every police K9 was donated by the San Diego Police Foundation. Find out extra. (San Diego Police Department via Facebook)
- San Diego Humane Society: We need your pet photographs! Send us your cutest pet pics for our 2023 Photo Fundraiser and your pet could also be featured in our calendar.” (San Diego Humane Society via Facebook)
- Museum of Making Music: Great news! We have been named 2022 Nonprofit of the Year. Find out more! (Museum of Making Music via Facebook)
- San Diego Botanic Garden: Does Southern California have native orchids? Yes, it does. You can see the native orchids right here in San Diego. (San Diego Botanic Garden via Facebook)
- San Diego Rescue Mission: Friends have a powerful presence in our lives. Those who have gone through the process of recovery, often join the outreach initiative called Walk With Me. The program joins people experiencing homelessness with a supportive friend. (San Diego Rescue Mission by way of Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
- Palomar Gem Show Saturday June 11 & Sunday June 12. (June 11)
- Award Winning Kings of Karma — Live Rock + Blues + Motown Music. (June 11)
- Retreat, ‘Wellness Inspired By You’ Yoga and Positive Wellness. (June 12)
- Taxes in Retirement Webinar. (June 16)
- Award Winning Carolyn Sills Combo & The Rayford Brothers | Country Swing + Rockabilly + Americana. (June 18)
- Hire A Pro To Clean Up The Yard For Dad. (June 19)
- Social Security Seminar. (June 21)
- San Diego Sunday Funnies with headliner DANTE. (July 10)
- Add your occasion
You’re formally within the loop for right this moment. I’ll see you quickly!
— Bettyann Pernice
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Diego Daily? Contact me at [email protected]