Happy Thursday everybody! Merichelle Norwood right here to fill your inbox in the present day with the highest tales within the Valley of the Sun.
First day of September: High: 107 Low: 86.
📢 I’m searching for business homeowners and entrepreneurs in Phoenix who need to build consciousness, join with clients and improve gross sales.
I’ve a restricted variety of sponsorships obtainable to introduce our Phoenix Daily readers to native companies they should find out about. If that’s you, then I invite you to be taught extra and safe your spot now.
Here are the highest tales in Phoenix in the present day:
1) Fuel up Phoenix! If you’re happening a highway journey this weekend, 3,600 Circle Okay areas can be providing a 40-cent fuel low cost in the present day at choose areas. Find a location close to you.
2) Get your kicks on Route 66! Arizona Office of Tourism launches digital Route 66 Passport to coincide with Labor Day Weekend.
“Route 66’s colorful history, quirky attractions, lively dining and beautiful landscapes are the types of treasures that beg to be shared,” stated Debbie Johnson, director of the Arizona Office of Tourism. “Our latest passport is a perfect invitation to explore it for the first time or get reacquainted and find something new.”
3) New delivery container constructing is the tallest within the nation and is open to company in Downtown Phoenix.
Rent out a delivery container like an Airbnb at Ida on McKinley.
4) Phoenix drag queen pays it ahead with monkeypox care kits.
After being recognized and recovering from monkeypox, Trey DeGroodt determined he needed to provide again to the neighborhood. “I’m trying to pay it forward because my community came to my aid in my time of need. Now that I’m feeling a lot better, I want to help the community that is now in need,” he stated.
5) It’s already a September to recollect, as warmth warning continues.
Temperatures keep regular at three digits, climbing to 108 levels yesterday — 5 levels above regular for this time of year.
Today in Phoenix:
From my pocket book:
- “😍 New to the adoption floor. 😍 Check out some of the adorable pets who are now ready for a home of their own. All of these cuties can hardly wait to meet you at the Arizona Humane Society! Schedule your adoption appointment to meet them.” (Arizona Humane Society via Facebook)
- “The wonderful 1900 O.C. Thompson House on the southwest corner of 2nd Avenue and Roosevelt Street. This turn-of-the-century brick Colonial Revival was converted to apartments long after the Thompson family moved out, rendering a change.” (City of Phoenix, AZ USA via Facebook)
- “These trails are now closed until 5 p.m. today! City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department Heat Ready PHX.” (City of Phoenix, AZ USA via Facebook)
- “It’s Frankenstein Day! 👤 Celebrate Mary Shelley’s birthday, the author of the book ‘Frankenstein.’ Pick up a copy of this timeless classic! https://bit.ly/3Dtl2z5 #FrankensteinDay #MaryShelley #Frankenstein #JustReadPPL” (Phoenix Public Library via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
You’re formally within the loop for in the present day! I’ll meet up with you brilliant and early tomorrow with a brand new replace.
— Merichelle Norwood
About me: Merichelle has chronicled her many Arizona adventures since 2016. She is the Founder of the native weblog She Moves PHX. You’re more than likely to search out her munching on tacos on a Tuesday, sipping brews at a neighborhood cafe, or consuming unicorn desserts.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Phoenix Daily? Contact me at [email protected]